- Supports your efforts to help mothers provide the life-giving benefits of human milk. PLUS helps more mothers produce more milk.
- Successful initiation is essential for building and maintaining milk supply during mom's breastfeeding journey. Symphony PLUS helps moms of preterm or term infants initiate, build and maintain their breast milk production.
- The PLUS Initiation program closely mimics the pattern during the first few days of lactation when the infant sucks more irregularly with rapid sucks and longer pauses.
- One card provides two programs to help Initiate.Build.Maintain milk supply.
- The first few days after birth are an exciting and special time, but also an important time for initiating your breast milk supply. Successful initiation can help you have more success in all stages of breast milk production. Symphony PLUS can help!
- PLUS supports mothers with clinically researched breast pump technology to successfully initiate, build and maintain milk supply.
- With PLUS, mothers that exclusively pump can express enough milk to support an exclusive human milk diet for their infant.
Featuring the original 2-Phase Expression technology - found only in Medela breastpumps.
Babies breastfeed in 2 phases:
1. Stimulation Phase - when babies first go to breast, they suck fast and light to start milk flowing.
2. Expression Phase - after milk flow or "let-down" starts, babies breastfeed with a slower, deeper suck, bringing out more milk faster
Features & Benefits:
- Initiation Technology: Used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. INITIATE program contains a mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and a pause phase.
- 2-Phase Expression technology: Designed to mimic a baby's natural nursing rhythm.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breastmilk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane
- Symphony Breastpump with Rechargeable Battery: Equipped with 2 internal rechargeable batteries
- Symphony Preemie+: The first breastpump with clinically proven research that improved the pumping efficiency and effectiveness for mothers with premature infants
1 - Symphony breast pump
1 - Symphony PLUS Program Card
1 - container stand
1 - quick start card
1 - protector for card/cord
- Unit Weight: 7.05 lbs (Symphony breastpump with rechargeable batteries 8.4 lbs)
- Unit Size/Packaging: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 12 1/2 (Symphony breastpump with rechargeable batteries 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 13)
Warranty: 3 year limited