Digital Download FAQs for "On Becoming Babywise" Book
For our book, On Becoming Babywise, we offer several digital download options in addition to the traditional hardback and paperback versions. While digital versions of books can be convenient and fast, they can also be confusing to download and set up on your device. Below you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive about digital downloads. Should you have any additional questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page:
- What digital version of the book are available?
- How do I install a mobi file on my Kindle?
- How do I listen to the audio files on my iPhone if I don't have a computer
- How do I install an ePub file on my Nook?
- What do I do if my digital book won't download?
- Can I return my digital book?
1. What digital versions of the book are available?
MP3 is a standard format for compressing sound into very small files while preserving the original sound quality. MP3 provides near CD quality audio and is compatible with nearly all audio players, including iTunes.
- Digital mobi - Kindle Compatible: MOBI is short for a Mobipocket eBook file and are designed specifically for displaying digital books on mobile devices. Read More: How to send a mobi file to your Kindle
- Digital ePub - Nook Compatible: ePub is an e-book format that can be downloaded and read on different devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, or e-readers.
Each of our digital book formats are compressed into a zip file before you download them. This allows for faster downloads and ensures that the file is fully downloaded to your computer or phone before you open it.
- Read more: How to unzip a file
2. How do I install a mobi file on my Kindle?
There are several ways to transfer the mobi file to your Amazon Kindle reader. We've found this simple method to email the file to your Kindle reader:
- Using the link in the email from Babywise email, download the zip file to your computer
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your Kindle reader/app
- Find the ‘Send-to-Kindle’ email address shown in your Kindle settings
- Using your email account used with your kindle app, send the zip file as an attachment to that ’Send-to-Kindle' email address
- Amazon will unzip the file you send and add the book to your Kindle Readers
For more information, read the instructions on Amazon's help page:
- Read more: How to send a mobi file to your Kindle
3. How do I listen to the audiobook files on my iPhone if I don't have a computer?If you don't have a computer available to download the zip file and sync to your iPhone through iTunes, the best method we have found to do it all on your phone is as follows:
- Go into the App Store on your phone
- Install a free App called "Documents by Readdle": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-by-readdle/id364901807?mt=8
- Copy the download link sent in your download email after your purchase.
- Open the Documents by Readdle app. It may ask you to create an account, but that's not required.
- Click the button in the bottom right of the screen to open the Documents browser
- Paste the download link into the url text field in the top of the screen
- After the file loads in the browser, click the 'Save' button in the top right of the screen
It may take a few minutes because this is a large file, but then the file will be saved on your iPhone.
- Click the files button on the bottom left of your Downloads screen
- Tap the 'Downloads' folder and find your download
- Tap the file and it will 'unzip' into a folder
- Tap that folder and you will find all of the Babywise book audio files in order from 1 to 19, plus the PDF file with the illustrations from the book.
4. How do I install an ePub file on my Nook?
There are several Nook versions, which may have different installation instructions. We've found this to be the simplest method:
- Click the link in your download email, and save the zip file to your computer
- Unzip the file
- Connect the Nook to your computer via a USB cable and navigate to the Nook USB drive; “My Computer” on Windows or the “Desktop” on Mac OS X.
- Drag-and-drop the ePub book from your computer to the “my documents” folder of the Nook.
- Once the file has finished transferring, eject the device from your computer and unplug the Nook USB cable; right-click on the Nook drive and select the Eject option.
For more information, find specific instructions on the Nook help pages for your Nook:
- Read more: How to transfer a file to a Nook
5. What do I do if my digital book won't download?
If you have clicked the link in your download email, but are experiencing problems downloading or installing the book, please email us for help: email@example.com.
6. Can I return my digital book?
Digital versions of our books cannot be returned. If you have purchased the book and are having trouble downloading or installing it, please email us for help: firstname.lastname@example.org.