A tragic accident has kick-started an organization dedicated to educating parents about safety when their babies are sleeping.
Dr. Sam Hanke, a pediatric cardiologist, fell asleep one day with his 4-week-old son on his chest.
Like many parents, Dr. Hanke was unaware of the dangers of this sleeping position. When he awoke from him nap several hours later, his son was gone.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is not uncommon in situations like this. In light of this tragedy, Dr. Hanke has created an organization to honor his son and to educate parents about safety when their babies are sleeping.