We know that mothering is hard work, but sometimes dads don’t get the recognition they deserve, too.
Use these quotes, messages and ideas for dad as an awesome first father’s day message to say, “I love you, Happy 1st Father’s Day” from mom and baby.
Your husband’s first Father’s Day as a new dad is an opportunity you have before you only once! Make it a special day and find a heartfelt way to encourage him as a dad and the supportive man you love.
Sure, you could get him some awesome baby gear for dads as a gift, but why not take it a step deeper?
Consider using these Father’s Day quotes throughout the week to honor him in his calendar, in a special card or Father’s Day letter you craft, as a sticky note on his mirror or his morning coffee and even in his smart phone.
First Father’s Day Quotes
- "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad." ~ Anne Geddes
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” ~ Umberto Eco
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me." ~ Jim Valvano
- "The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family." ~ Reed Markham
- “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” ~ William Shakespeare
- “I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers.” ~ T.D. Jakes
- “Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars.” ~ Victor Hugo
- “I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me, a good follower to those who are serving God and doing the right thing.” ~ Mark Wahlberg
- “It's an ongoing joy being a dad.” ~ Liam Neeson
- “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” ~ Ephesians 6:4 NIV
Related: Best Baby Gear for Dads
Craft a Prayer with Father’s Day Quotes
Seek the Lord for what message He’d want to say to your husband on his first Father’s Day. You can enhance these selected fatherhood quotes with some of your own words. Combine sayings that your husband always uses to create a special prayer or even a poem for your husband that can be a treasure for years to come.
Here are some words from a poem I wrote my husband:
Create a Keepsake with Father’s Day Messages
From a search on Pinterest, there are many creative first Father’s Day keepsakes I can envision combining these quotes with for a perfect DIY Father’s Day gift.
- Stamp Daddy’s Shoe with ink onto a canvas, let it dry and add baby’s footprint over the top and say “Walking in Daddy’s Shoes” with one of the Father’s Day quotes.
- Turn baby’s foot into a football with some brown non-toxic paint, a canvas and some white stripes to let daddy know baby is his “#1 Fan” and combine it with one of the Happy First Father’s Day quotes.
- Use a fancy font, either handwritten or printed from the computer, and take a photo of baby holding the sign with your special Father’s Day message.
Whatever way you celebrate, use his first Father’s Day as a time to encourage and inspire your husband for the great adventure ahead called Fatherhood
More Father's Day Articles
Father’s Day Fun: Simple Ways to Celebrate A New Dad - Pam Vredevelt
Best Baby Gear for Dad - Jess Wartinger
Top 10 Father's Day Gift Ideas - Annie Wiesman